Graston technique is an interdisciplinary treatment used by more than 7,500 clinicians worldwide—including athletic trainers, chiropractors, hand therapists, occupational and physical therapists.
The Graston Technique® instruments are used to enhance the clinician’s ability to detect adhesions, scar tissue, or restrictions in the affected areas. Skilled Graston clinicians use the stainless steel instruments to comb over and “catch” on fibrotic tissue, which immediately identifies the areas of restriction. Once the tissue has been identified, the Graston instruments are used to break up the scar tissue so it can be absorbed by the body.
The graston therapy incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that affect normal function.
Graston Therapy is utilized at some 825 out-patient facilities and industrial on-sites, by more than 125 professional and amateur sports organizations, and is part of the curriculum at 32 respected colleges and universities.
Some of the Benefits of Graston Therapy Includes:
For the Graston Clinician:
- Provides improved diagnostic treatment
- Detects major and minor fibrotic changes
- Reduces manual stress; provides hand and joint conservation
- Increases patient satisfaction by achieving notably better outcomes
- Expands business and revenue opportunities
For the Patient Receiving Graston Therapy:
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Fosters faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reduces need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent
For Employers and the Healthcare Industry:
- Graston allows patients to remain on the job
- Graston reduces the need for splints, braces, and job-site modifications
- Graston contributes to the reduction of labor and healthcare costs, direct and indirect
Contact us today to find out more about the Graston Technique Columbia.